English Language Foundation
ENGLISH LANGUAGE FOUNDATION
This is a one-year full time programme designed to prepare international students for successful entrance to the College, by enhancing their language proficiency. The programme focuses on developing the students' English language skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing, as well as building their academic language and communication skills required for successful study in the College. The academic year is divided into two semesters each one of which is thirteen weeks in duration. The programme accredited by the CYQAA.
The programme’s objectives are to ensure that students will:
1. Attain proficiency in all language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
2. Develop academic vocabulary and language necessary for Higher Education studies.
3. Enhance communication skills for academic and social interactions.
4. Gain confidence in participating in class discussions and debates and presenting academic topics.
5. Improve critical thinking and analytical skills through reading and writing tasks.