top of page

Grade Petition


In making an appeal, the student must allege bias or caprice in grading, a departure from grading procedures as indicated by the instructor, or refusal to clarify the basis for a grade on the part of the instructor.

The evidence that will be needed to support the petition will be the paper in question which will be compared to answer key with grade weights (if available) and/or grading policies as stated on the respective course outline. If deemed necessary by any party the paper can also be compared against similar graded papers by other students.

In all cases, a grade petition must be accompanied by the Grade Petition Form.

Students wishing to dispute their semester grades have up to one month after the announcement of the grades to contact their School and complete this form. This petition is examined by the Faculty Member, the Course Coordinator and the Academic Director.

bottom of page